How to Avoid Fornication
Author: Creflo Dollar
God did not create your body to be used for sexual immorality. You are His chosen instrument. God designed sex for marriage between a man and a woman only. Do not conform to this world’s view of sex. Honor God by keeping yourself pure and free from ungodly lust and desires.
1. God’s will is for you to abstain from fornication. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, AMP).
2. Kill or deprive the evil desires lurking in your members (Colossians 3:5, AMP).
3. God commands us to abstain from premarital sex for our own good.
4. Christians should not conform to the world, which condones fornication.
a. Your body is not for sexual morality but for the Lord (1 Corinthians 6:13, AMP).
b. Flee sexual immorality.
c. People who commit fornication sin against their own body (1 Corinthians 6:13-20, AMP).
d. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; you were bought with a precious price.
5. The foundation for all success as a Christian is to depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19).
6. Iniquity separates you from God.
7. Avoid fornication by having your own wife or husband (1 Corinthians 7:1, 2, AMP).
Fornication is based in selfishness.
1. Lust is based in selfishness, not love.
a. Lust is an intense appetite to fulfill self-gratification.
b. Do not continue to feed lustful thoughts, allowing the desire to burn.
c. If you do not deal with lust, it will eventually destroy you.
d. Evil temptation never comes from God (James 1:13-15, AMP).
e. Temptation is pressure applied to your flesh or your thinking.
f. Every person is tempted when enticed by their own lustful desire.
2. Whatever you give your attention to, you will desire.
3. God wants you to give attention to His Word (Proverbs 4:20-27).
a. Exposure to lustful things will cause you to desire them.
b. Stay away from anything that feeds ungodly desires.
10-step freedom plan:
1. Desire to be free; have a greater purpose for your freedom.
2. Eliminate all excuses.
3. Be willing to take immediate action toward your goal.
4. Expose yourself to wholesome words and images.
5. Take charge of your thought life (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
6. Do not allow your emotions to rule your life.
7. Make decisions that line up with your desire to be free.
8. Watch your actions; beware of wrong things you do.
9. Eliminate sexually perverted habits (Ephesians 4:17-19).
10. Create a character of purity (Psalm 119:9, 11, 15).